How to dry lavender stems and make lavender confetti
11 November 2018
Another fantastic form of confetti is lavender and turning it into confetti is not too tricky. Just follow these steps:
- Harvest the lavender before it’s fully in bloom. …usually in late May / June or if lucky a second burst in August/September
- Cut matured lavender flowers just above the leaves.
- Gather the lavender into a bunch.
- Tie the stems with some twine.
- Find a dark place to dry the lavender so the colour isn’t bleached by the sunlight.
- Hang the lavender bunch upside down.
- Let the lavender dry for 2 – 4 weeks.
The lavender stems can then be bunched together with a twine or raffia bow, alternatively, you can gently take the flower heads off the stem and put into an airtight container until you need it for the wedding.